Happy National Barefoot Day!
Walking barefoot has many benefits. And it’s one of the easiest ways to ground yourself to the earth. By allowing your skin to touch grass, sand, or mud, can absorb grounding energy.
Another plus to walking barefoot is that it may help improve the strength and flexibility of the muscles and ligaments of the foot.
Other ways absorbing grounding energy can help…
- Chronic fatigue. Many massage therapists, believe that grounding can decrease fatigue levels after four weeks of treatment with grounding mats.
- Chronic pain. While not going barefooted, studies in holistic healing have found grounding for those who used grounding patches reported lower pain levels.
- Anxiety and depression. It has been shown that even 1 hour of grounding therapy can significantly improve mood.
- Sleep disorders. Massage therapists also reported clients experienced an improvement in sleep length and reduce sleep disturbances with grounding therapy.
Now that we’ve talked about a few benefits of going barefoot, let’s talk about foot care. If you go barefoot or not your feet still some TLC. One of the best ways is with a foot scrub followed by a rich cream.
Here is recipe for super simple yet amazing foot scrub (it has chocolate in it how can it not be amazing).
What you need…
- 1 cup loosely packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil in solid form
- 1/3 cup almond oil
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- a few drops of coconut extract or essential oil
What you do…
- Add all ingredients together in a large bowl and mix until combined. I like to mix with the back of a spoon until the coconut oil all breaks down and no chunks remaining. If desired, top the scrub with a few chocolate chips or cacao nibs before packaging.
- To use the scrub, simply rub it over your skin and wash off! FYI: I do not use this on my face. As long as you are keeping it in a closed container, it should be fine at room temperature for up to 2 months.
My favorite cream and Amazon link. I usually buy mine through Beauty Brands when they have it on sale for half off.
Amazon – Hempz