I think it’s very important to make ‘me time.’ Time spent focused on an activity that brings you pleasure – just pleasure. But that’s not enough. I think we need to slip special extra’s through the day. And believe me there are days, I need a lot of the special extras.
Doughnuts and cookies make awesome through out the day boost. But today I’m going to share my shower bomb recipe with you. I love to soak in a bubble bath but some days that just isn’t a real possibility.
Shower bombs are awesome ways to release soothing scents (like lavender or chamomile) for the evening. Or you can use them in the morning to jump start your day with scents like hyacinth or Eucalyptus.
• 1 cup baking soda
• 1/2 cup Epsom salt
• up to 2 tsp of water
• essential oils: amount depends
1. Combine baking soda, salt/Epsom salt, and mix well until combined.
2. Spray or drop small amounts water into the mix and stir until you get the consistency of slightly wet sand.
3. Mixture should hold together when squeezed without crumbling but should not appear wet at all. You may need to add slightly more water if it hasn’t achieved this consistency yet.
4. Once you get this texture, add the menthol crystals and the essential oils and stir to combine.
5. Quickly push mixture into silicon molds, greased muffin tins, or any other greased container. Press in firmly and leave at least 24 hours (48 is better) or until hardened.
6. When dry, remove and store in airtight container.